March 5th, 2010
Here is a brief show of how a couple of photos can be transformed into a very nice caricature gifts.
The instructions for the job were that these two sisters should be shown dancing on stage, dressed as if they were in an Oliver Twist play.
The artist (Harry in this case) then provided this pencil sketch to make sure all was as it should be. Some changes were to rid the small microphones, to put hats on the girls and to lower the hand on one of the girls.
Here is the final image all coloured and ready to go give. I am sure you will agree that it made a wonderful family caricature gift!!
December 8th, 2009
The saying is that a dog is a man’s best friend, and this image certainly shows the love!
Expertly produced, it has great detail – truely an original work of art!
Order pet caricatures here
Like it? Let us know your thoughts via comments.
May 26th, 2009
Father’s Day is just around the corner – why not give Dad a nice caricature as a gift?
As you can see from this sampling from our artists (click for larger image), we can go any style, and any pose/scene you like!
Feel free to browse our artists for more ideas and order online – all we need is a clear photo!
January 10th, 2009
Having a great photograph of all the extended family is something that is often hard, if not impossible to achieve. From a family history perspective, getting an image with everyone together is important.
But the truth is that family members live far away, or cannot all get together for the photo. If they can Aunty Mavis has fallen asleep, the kids are distracted and looking in the wrong direction and baby Joe is crying and Mom Lucy is looking frazzled!!
One option is to invest in something special and have a family caricature created. This has many benefits and can achieve things not possible in a photo:
- You can include everyone, even if they are far away – simply by having a photo of them is enough to have them included and that photo can be taken at your leisure so it shows people how you want them to be shown!
- Through the addition of props, you can show what their interest is, or something that is associated with them like their occupation.
- You can get good poses for people as required.
- By supplying photos of people with a desired expression, you can create unique interactions between family members, like brothers sharing a joke, or Granny pointing and smiling at something one of the kids is doing.
- Things can be as formal or informal as you wish.
We have some examples of family caricatures of our group caricatures page
Family caricature by artist George
The final digital product is easily shared around the family, and unlike a professional portrait photographer, you can make as many copies as you like without paying any more.
If you are interested in having a family caricature drawn, please contact Matt via our contact page (or use the live chat tool to the left) for pricing.